Free Eurimbla Gladstone Semen
The Eurimbla Red Poll stud is giving away free straws of Gladstone semen. To express your interest, please contact: Ian & Jill Coghlan at home: 02 60260630 or on Ian’s mobile: 0412 650 050.
Eurimbla Gladstone has quite a history in Australia, England and New Zealand.
He was a calf at foot when his dam, Eurimbla Gladys, was Supreme Champion at the Red Poll World Congress Feature Show at Sydney in 1994. Gladys and Gladstone caused quite a stir in the shed with dairy & beef breeders from many breeds coming to see them. Gladys was a functional, efficient and structurally correct cow that had tremendous milking ability - which translated into Gladstone being a big strapping bull calf. Gladstone was a well proportioned, well muscled bull who also had great structure.
Gladstone has passed onto his progeny his dam’s great maternal traits as well as his sire’s excellent structure and performance. Gladstone’s sire was Broomfield Goodman – Supreme Exhibit out of 50 Red Polls at a feature show. Gladys and Gladstone were purchased at the Sydney show by John Holstrom from Bathurst to contribute to their composite herd.
Years later they were repurchased from the Holstrom family and returned to Eurimbla. As an aged and proven bull Gladstone returned to Sydney Royal to be Grand Champion bull and to again attract interest from outside the Red Poll shed. By this time his semen had already been exported to England and was producing progeny that maintained the maternal traits of English Red Polls, whilst adding thickness and performance to their cattle.
Gladstone bred naturally until 15 years old and left a legacy of excellent breeding stock in Australia, England and New Zealand. Gladstone’s progeny have:
- Twice won the Bledisloe trophy at the English Royal
- Won Champion ribbons at the New Zealand National show
- Won Champion Females at Royal & Regional shows in Australia
- Excelled as stud sires in Australia, England & New Zealand
- Developed into great matrons that have bred stock such as:
- Eurimbla Leopold – champion bull 2012 Red Poll Challenge (photo on Red Poll website)
- Won Champion & Class winning steers (growth & carcass) at Royal & Regional shows.